Visit Us:   Monday-Friday from 8.00 AM to 5.00 PM        Saturday: from 9.00 AM to 12.00 PM

       +260 971 745363

Involved in a Motor Accident

Keep Calm, and avoid crazy things like getting out of your vehicle and standing in the middle of the road looking at the damage of your car.

  • Inform the Police.
  • File a car accident report with the police and get a copy of the report.
  • Discuss the car accident only with the police.
  • While you’re at the scene of the accident, call your insurance company, insurance agent or insurance broker (intermediary.

Submit a claim form and respective documents to your insurance company to process your claim. Download motor insurance claim forms and list of required motor claim documents here

(takes the user to the claims form page)..

If the damage to your vehicle is caused by another party and you would like to claim from that party, immediately send a demand letter to that party with a copy to his/her insurance company.

Contact your insurance agent, broker or insurance company to know the requirements for claiming under third party insurance policy.

Try to gather as much information as possible, including:

  • Accident date, time and location.
  • Description of accident.
  • List of damages and injuries.
  • Names of police officers and tow truck drivers on the scene.
  • Information about the other driver (name, address, license number and insurance policy number).
  • Vehicle details.
  • Call your insurance company or its agent (intermediary).
  • Submit claim form and documents for your insurer to process your claim.
  • Don't get into scams of fake helpers- garage repairers, doctors and lawyers.

Report a Claim